Tonia Buxton’s recipe for prawns with feta is super quick and easy, and more importantly is basically the Mediterranean on a plate.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Sauce:
• 1 small tin of peeled and chopped plum tomatoes
• 1 small white onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 sprig of chopped fresh dill
• ½ tsp tomato puree
• 1 tbsp white wine
• Salt and pepper to season
• ½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
• 500g peeled tiger prawns
• 60g crumbled feta
Method for Sauce:
1. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add your olive oil, onion and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Once onion and garlic are soft, add white wine, cook for a further 10 mins then add tomato puree, plum tomato salt and pepper, and leave to cook for another 15 mins.
3. Once cooked, leave to cool then add all ingredients into a mixer and blitz until sauce is smooth.
4. Add chopped dill to sauce.
Method for Dish:
1. Take a medium to large saucepan and place on a medium heat.
2. Add prawns along with sauce to pan.
3. Leave to cook for 10 mins.
4. Place prawns onto a plate with sauce.
5. Crumble feta over prawns and sauce.