The How-to & Advice Site for Women
Bookshelf Boyfriend is a companion to modern living. A practical how-to and advice site for women, with an onus on providing information that’s traditionally considered ‘male’ in a female-friendly form. Our aim is to share skills and knowledge in a smart, jargon-free way.
Switched-on, smart, reliable, useful, aesthetically pleasing, interesting, current, witty, entertaining.
In short, Bookshelf Boyfriend is ‘the perfect boyfriend’ – one that can answer a query in a quick, straightforward, jargon-free manner, as well as being culturally enriching, funny, and good to look at. There will be no patronising comments, no bluffing of answers, no rising of blood pressure and no heated arguments. The site happily answers questions on mundane and everyday stuff as well as the technically specific, but is always smart, snappy and aesthetically pleasing.
Our aim is for BookshelfBoyfriend.com to become the invaluable guide that no independent woman can do without, giving her the absolute grassroots basis of an issue or task and developing it in a coherent way so that she has the potential to take it to a detailed level. We have tons of guides on practical things like improving your home and looking after your car, how to be savvy with law and finance, and recipes for great food and drinks. We also have lots of articles that share insider info on travel, music, art, sports, careers, and a wealth of other stuff.
Bookshelf Boyfriend would be nothing if it wasn’t for our ever-growing band of wonderful, knowledgable, expert and interesting writers and contributors. Find out who they are here.
If like them you know how to do something, anything, get in touch and share it!
About Bookshelf Boyfriend
- Women (currently mainly UK based).
- Aged 22-45.
- Independent, but looking for further confidence to complete practical tasks herself, or to have the knowledge base when hiring a contractor etc.
- Usually professional, with disposable income and not too much time to spare.
- Possibly single or living on own, or with partner who isn’t so practical.
- Also, possibility of younger, female student user – first time living on her own.
- Web-savvy, with a low patience threshold, she knows what she wants and is using the site to the get the information she requires quickly and efficiently.
- Intelligent and interested in travel, the arts, food and drink, and design.
Get In Touch
Bookshelf Boyfriend’s Editor is Victoria Stevenson. For press and editorial enquiries please email Victoria:
For more information about the Company and for business or advertising enquiries…
0845 680 5917
Or write to:
31 Apsley Street
General Enquiry Emails:
We are based between Devon and Glasgow. BookshelfBoyfriend.com is owned by BB Publishing Ltd.
BB Publishing Ltd, registered in England and Wales company number: 07828517
Registered address: The Studio, North Ward Farm, Bere Alston, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7EX
BB Publishing Ltd operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This website has been designed and built by West Country website Company .